Key Lime Pie. Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. The dish is named after the small Key limes (Citrus aurantifolia 'Swingle'.
This easy recipe features a graham cracker crust and a creamy filling that mixes together in just a couple of minutes. The Best Key Lime Pie recipe EVER! You won't be able to stop at just one slice. You can have Key Lime Pie using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare 1 of 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 of graham cracker pie crust.
- It’s 8 oz of coolwhip or whipped topping of choice.
Recipe courtesy of Joe's Stone Crab. For the topping: Whip the cream and the confectioners' sugar until nearly stiff. This Classic Key Lime Pie features an easy homemade graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy key lime pie filling, and homemade whipped cream on top. This Easy Key Lime Pie with a simple graham cracker crust is a dessert favorite!
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Combine first three ingredients, whip about 1/3 of the coolwhip into the mixture. Pour into graham crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Use remaining coolwhip for the top of your pie..
It is perfectly tart, creamy, and smooth! Josh can usually pass on dessert. Key Lime Pie is one of my husband's favorite pies. For years, I professed that I didn't particularly care for it. I always thought they were a bit too dense and either too tart or not tart enough.