Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, and rotisserie chicken now if using. Important tip: Add avocados to individual servings unless you plan on serving all of the soup right away. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Cover and let sit for five minutes. Divide the avocado between four soup bowls. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. You can have Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime
- You need 4 of (6 inch) corn tortillas, julienned.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of white onion sliced thin.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves sliced thin.
- It’s 4 of fresh jalapeno sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh chicken breast thin chunks.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 of tomato seeded diced.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of avocado – peeled, pitted and diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Place chicken in liquid and bring to a boil. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate. If you wish, you can also add tortillas or serve it with rice on the side. Stir in chicken and brown, then add stock, lime juice, Ro-Tel (with juice), salt and pepper.
Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime instructions
- Preheat oven 400.
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes..
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Adjust seasonings..
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.
Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through, and adjust seasonings to taste. (If you wish to thicken the soup a bit, use an immersion blender or mash some of the avocado by hand. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cumin, season with salt and pepper to taste and add chicken breasts. Stir in chicken, chicken stock, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Stir in avocado and coriander and heat through. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.