Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash. The Best Duck Tacos Recipes on Yummly Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette-this healthy and colorful taco salad can be served as a main dish or side dish! I love this salad because it is loaded with lots of fun toppings!
It would be slightly embarrassing if I admitted right here and now that until this sweet corn salad, I hadn't eaten a radish since I was six and pulled one out of my neighbor's garden, illegally, downing it in one. Toss the salad with the dressing and add the roasted peanuts. This salad is best served immediately, but it does keep surprisingly well in the fridge for a day or two. You can have Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash
- You need 1 each of butternut squash, large dice.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of radishes, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 each of lime, juiced.
- It’s 12 of leaves cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar, turbinado.
- You need 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- You need 10 oz of ground duck.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, diced small.
- It’s 4 tsp of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 3 oz of water.
- It’s 6 each of tortillas.
- It’s 1/2 each of lime wedged.
- Prepare 2 oz of Cotija cheese.
Deb-I made this with some adaptations-used kohlrabi, radishes, carrots, and apples. Duck fat is delicious, but lard is cheaper and easier to find. Of course, if you happen to have duck fat lying around, feel free to use it. Whisk lime juice, honey, and salt in a medium bowl until salt and honey are dissolved.
Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash step by step
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, salt, and ground cumin. Spread across a heavy baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until squash is browned & tender..
- Combine the radish, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar. Set aside to use later as a garnish..
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil, and heat until shimmering and wisping smoke. Add the ground duck meat in an even layer, and cook without stirring or turning to brown, about 2-3 minutes..
- The duck will have rendered off a good amount of liquid, remove approximately half before proceeding. (You can reserve by chilling this liquid, and use it to cook with later, it has TERRIFIC flavor!).
- Stir in the diced onion, and cook while stirring until onion begins to turn translucent. Add the taco-seasoning blend, and continue to cook while stirring for 1-2 more minutes, then stir in water. Continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 more minutes. Combine the meat mixture with the cumin-roasted squash..
- Warm the tortillas. Make tacos using the meat mixture, radish salad, and Cotija cheese..
- Serve lime wedges as a garnish, and enjoy!.
Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Radish Salad. Smoky, spicy chipotles in adobo add a pleasant bit of spice to these tacos, while a crunchy radish salad will add a bright, textural element. Roast butternut squash with flavorful cumin for a side dish. Toss any leftovers the next day with greens, quinoa, nuts, dried fruit of your choice, and a citrus dressing. By France Morissette, Beyond The Peel.