Garlic lime chicken and rice. Bone-in chicken works best in slow cookers. The bones help keep the chicken in one piece during the long cooking time. Serve with a tossed green salad or steamed fresh vegetables.
I am OBSESSED with one pan and one pot meals. Stir in broth, green onion greens, green chilies, lime zest, lime juice, black beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. I served this Garlic and Lime Cilantro Rice with delicious Tandoori Chicken the other night and it was a perfect marriage of flavors. You can cook Garlic lime chicken and rice using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic lime chicken and rice
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 of fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes).
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked instant rice.
You can check out the recipe by clicking on the photo below. (It's so tasty!). Another serving idea to go with this delicious garlic and lime cilantro rice is our mint and lime yogurt chicken. The chicken, rice and beans are all cooked in one pan so the flavor of the chicken gets soaked up into the rice. The rice is also packed with fresh flavors of cilantro and lime and the addition of beans makes this one pot meal complete.
Garlic lime chicken and rice instructions
- Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high..
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in hot pan just until browned..
- Meanwhile, spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken broth, garlic, thyme, and lime juice..
- When chicken is golden, add to crock pot..
- Deglaze saute pan with wine, then add to crock pot…
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours..
- During last 20 minutes of cooking time, add rice. Cover and cook until moisture is absorbed..
Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Rice – easy, light, delicious, gluten free side dish. Jasmine rice with black beans flavored with freshly squeezed lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro. This side dish will go well with grilled or baked meats (chicken, steak, pork), fish or any kind of seafood. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add chicken. In a skillet, brown chicken on all sides in oil.