Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt. Heat the grill to high heat. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher. While the burgers are cooking, mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt, lime juice and a good grind of black pepper.
Ditch the meat and try one of our veggie burger recipes at your next barbecue, or for a filling midweek meal. Super-tasty veggie burgers made from protein-rich black beans, peanuts and a handful of oats. Serve with avocado and tomato salsa. You can have Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt
- You need 2 can of Kidney Beans.
- Prepare 100 grams of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Mild chilli powder.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh Coriander.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 200 grams of Salsa (incl. extra).
- You need 150 grams of Yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 of Lime (juiced).
- It’s 6 of Wholemeal Burger Buns.
Add remaining beans and pulse just once or twice, so they stay a little chunky. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt.
Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt step by step
- Rinse beans and add to a bowl, then crush with a potato masher. Heat the grill to high. Add the bread crumbs, chilli powder, coriander stalks and 1/2 the leaves, egg and 2tbsp of salsa and season to taste. Mix together well..
- Divide the mixture into 6, wet your hands and shape into burgers. (If you want to freeze them do so now) the place them on a non-stick baking tray and grill for 4-5 mins on each side.
- To make the lime yoghurt, place the yoghurt in a bowl adding black pepper and remaining coriander leaves with yoghurt and also add the lime juice.
- Arrange the burger buns and top with any salad to the buns. Place the burgers onto the buns and add the remaining salsa on top and also the lime yoghurt.
- If want to cook them from frozen bake in oven at 200°C fan 180°C for 20/30 mins..
These Vegan Black Bean Burgers are one of my favourites. They have become a reader favourite too and this recipe does consistently well, all year round. I say these Vegan Black Bean Burgers are one of my favourites because these White Bean Artichoke Burgers are just as good and get made by me. Plus the spicy Sriracha Lime Yogurt sauce is addictive. It's quickly becoming one of our favorite burger options along with these Healthy Ranch To add some crunch, this burger is delicious with a simple slaw on top.