Lime fried prawns. This butter and garlic fried prawns is one of the easiest prawns (shrimp) recipes that you'll ever come across. Succulent prawns pan fried with garlic and chilli flakes in a butter and olive oil mix. A dash of lime juice and a garnish of coriander leaves add an exotic touch to this easy prawns recipe.
Choose from: Cocktail Seafood Sauce, Tartare, Marie Rose / Thousand Island, or a Thai Chilli Lime Sauce for something fresher. PRAWN DIPPING SAUCES – AN AUSSIE ESSENTIAL! Medium-sized prawns are coated in lime juice, turmeric, fennel powder, tamarind water, dipped in suji and fried crisp. You can have Lime fried prawns using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lime fried prawns
- Prepare 1 box of Prawns.
- It’s 1 packages of of Batter Mix.
- It’s 1/2 pints of Water.
- You need 1 of Lime.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 pints of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of of Mixed Herbs.
It's time to up the side-dish game for your next shrimp dinner. Seared prawns smothered in a spicy, sticky Asian sauce, these Asian Chilli Garlic Prawns will have you smacking your lips in utter satisfaction, feeling like you've just dined at a fancy modern Thai restaurant. In a sea of indecision, shrimp never fails to be a delicious dinnertime savior. It's easy to prepare, quick to cook, and ever-versatile when flavoring.
Lime fried prawns step by step
- Unfreeze Prawns if frozen, grab a bowl and crack egg into batter mix.
- Add water and mix/batter for 45 seconds or until a good mix has been created.
- Place oil in saucepan or wok and heat until the oil starts pooping slightly..
- Add Prawns to batter and cover generously with the batter mix.
- Add a few dashes of mixed herbs to Prawns (now covered in batter mix).
- Cautiously place Prawns into saucepan/wok and leave to fry for 4-6 minutes on a medium to high level..
- Cut lime in half and slice one half.
- Once Prawns are looking slightly golden brown, take out of saucepan/wok and place in a bowl..
- Squeeze the uncut half of the lime over Prawns while they are still sizzling.
- Place afew slices of the cut lime around the bowl for good presentation.
Picking side dishes for shrimp is all about complementing your chosen cooking style. Blackening some skewers on the grill? Try our Elote-Style Corn that's topped with a spicy cilantro cream and crumbly Cotija cheese. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the prawns and set aside.