Key lime cake. How to make the Best Key Lime Cake. Reviews for: Photos of Key Lime Cake III. This Key Lime Cake recipe tastes just like a key lime pie!
It's made with layers of key lime cake, key lime frosting with a touch of sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crumbs! Can't get enough of this cake recipe? Key Lime Cupcakes – light, fluffy cupcakes full of key lime flavor! You can have Key lime cake using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key lime cake
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 of Butter for greasing pan.
- It’s 1 of Flour for dusting pan.
- You need 3 oz of Package lime flavored jello.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of Sifted all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 5 large of Eggs, slightly beaten.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Key lime juice (from about 25 small key limes or 4 large regular limes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare of Icing.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 8 oz of Package cream cheese, room temperature.
- You need 1 lb of Box of confectioner's sugar.
She has a special love of cakes, but will gladly sample any sweet treat. She is a lover of all things pink and collector of beautiful cake. This Key lime pound cake was inspired from a basic pound cake recipe that I like to play around with. It's now the only cake requested at every gathering.
Key lime cake instructions
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour one 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the jello, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda stir to mix well.
- Add the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or fork.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze:.
- While cake is still hot mix the lime juice and confectioner's sugar together well.
- Pierce the cake all over with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better and pour it all over the cake.
- Allow cake to completely cool as you prepare the icing.
- For the icing:.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese then beat in the confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
- Frost your cake then enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. I love citrus flavored cakes so I knew I needed a lemon cake and when I came across the recipe for a Key Lime Cake over at Bakerella I knew it had. Make the cake: In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Key Lime Poke Cake is a delicious white cake that is seeping with a sweet and tart mixture that soaks into the holes. Bring the great flavor of key lime pie to a wonderful white cake.