Tequila lime chicken.
You can have Tequila lime chicken using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tequila lime chicken
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tequila.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice (5 or 6 limes).
- It’s 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced jalapeño (1 pepper, seeded).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced fresh garlic (3 cloves).
- Prepare 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 of whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on.
Tequila lime chicken step by step
- Combine the Tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chilli powder, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. add the chicken breasts. refrigerate overnight..
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking..
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned..
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve hot at room temperature..