Italian tea cake. Cream butter or margarine in a bowl, gradually add confectioners' sugar and salt. Blend in flour gradually and mix well. Cool, remove seeds, and chop very fine.
Infusing tea into a cake makes it moist and tender. Plus it's a fun way to play with the flavors a bit. You could try a Chai or an Earl Grey tea-infused cake. You can cook Italian tea cake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian tea cake
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of table salt.
- It’s 1 of Lemon zest, finely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 of Orange zest, finely grated.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of plus 1 tbsp plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of plus 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Related: Cinnamon Swirl Chai Bundt Cake. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
Italian tea cake instructions
- I used golden granulated sugar, but you can also use white granulated sugar. Add salt to it..
- Put finely grated lemon and orange zest and rub them with fingertips in the sugar..
- Whisk vegetable oil, yogurt, mascarpone cheese, then eggs and vanilla extract. Sprinkle baking powder over the batter and mix properly. Sift flour on top and stir it with rubber spatula..
- Spray the pan with cooking oil and sprinkle it with granulated sugar. Remove the excess sugar. Then, pour the batter in..
- Preheat the oven at 375°F and leave it the oven for 40 minutes approx. Check with the toothpick, if it comes out clean yo see if the cake is done..
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and pour the glaze evenly while it is piping hot..
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!!.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture. Easy Italian Pear Cake, a simple moist dessert or Afternoon Tea Cake. Made with creamy mascarpone and fresh pears. Your new family light dessert favorite, Pear Cake.