Earl Grey Tea Pound Cake. This Earl Grey Tea Cake Loaf is a fragrant pound cake loaf infused with tea in two ways and then brushed with lemon and honey while still hot. This will be the tea cake to have on the table for an afternoon snack with a cup of Earl Grey! I love Earl Grey tea and this is just delicious.
It made the Test Kitchen smell absolutely WONDERFUL while baking. These tea cakes resemble the texture and flavor of a traditional pound cake, but I like to kick up the flavor a notch by adding some Earl Grey tea, stepped in warm milk. It's such a lovely flavor for a buttery pound cake and when combined with a little orange zest it definitely makes this cake otherworldly. You can cook Earl Grey Tea Pound Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Tea Pound Cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 g) of butter, softened.
- It’s 70 g of sugar(original :200g).
- It’s 3 of eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tbsp (15 ml) of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/3 cups (160 g) of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp (5 ml) of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of whole milk.
- Prepare 3 of Earl Gray tea bags.
Earl Grey tea which contains bergamot is perfect in this burnt honey combination but other fragrant teas will work just as great. The caramelized or burnt honey in the cake gives it a deep amber color and toffee like flavor. The ideal tea to complement this flavors in this honey cake is Early Grey. This Earl Grey tea cake is so fragrant with Earl Grey Tea and lemon zest and complemented by the generous brushing of the lemon syrup on the cake.
Earl Grey Tea Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) degrees. Spray Bundt pan with baking spray and distribute well with a pastry brush. (If using Nordicware). I use the mini silicone bundt so that it’s not necessary to spray. This recipe is made for 1 mini bundt pan and 2 small pans like I did. You can use normal bundt pan (10 cups capacity or loaf pan by double the recipe).
- Mix orange zest with sugar to kick up the flavor for 10 minutes..
- Warm ½ cup of milk in a sauce pan. Add 3 Earl Gray tea bags. Allow it to steep for 5-7 minutes. Discard bags and allow milk to cool..
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside..
- Cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Add the eggs to the butter mixture, 1 by 1. Then add the flour mixture to the batter in thirds, alternating with the Earl Gray mixture. just until combined, being careful not to over mix! (or your cake will be tough)..
- Using small ice scoop to pour in molds. Tap the molds to release air bubbles..
- Bake 20 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, reverse molds and cakes onto a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar..
- Served with Earl Grey Tea!.
I love Earl Grey Tea, love how it smells and so perfect to use in bakes. Remember I baked one chiffon cake and cookies with Earl Grey Tea before? Earl Grey Tea Cakes with CardamomMorsels and Moonshine. London Fog Cake with Earl Grey ButtercreamA Beautiful Plate – Laura. Earl Grey Pound Cake with Lemon Curd.