Shakthi's Indian Chai Tea ☕️. An actually-authentic Indian Chai tea recipe, as made for me by my lovely Indian mother-in-law. Tea the Indian way is rich and milky, deeply coloured, steaming hot, flavourful and sweet. If you ask for chai tea in India, you're asking for tea tea and your dorky adorableness will get laughed at a little bit.
Almond milk tea with fresh ginger, homemade chai spice blend with cardamom, cinnamon, pepper. Chai in Hindi literally means tea, so Chai tea is basically tea tea 🙂 This often happens with non Indian (other non english) terms too. Truly unique range of authentic Indian teas. You can cook Shakthi's Indian Chai Tea ☕️ using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shakthi's Indian Chai Tea ☕️
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ginger root, crushed.
- You need 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 250 ml of boiling water (1 cup).
- You need 4 tablespoon of black tea leaves (darjeeling or earl grey works best).
- Prepare 200 ml of milk (1 cup).
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional).
Inspired by the fusion of tradition with the vibrancy of modern India. Just like you, we were born in India and made in the US. Like you, we're the perfect blend of two cultures. And the bridge between here and back home.
Shakthi's Indian Chai Tea ☕️ step by step
- Mix the cloves, cardamom, ginger and cinnamon together, ensuring the cloves and ginger are ground to a fine consistency..
- Boil the spice mix with a small amount of water (~50 ml, 1/4 cup), then let simmer..
- In a separate pot, brew the tea leaves in the boiling water (200ml) for several minutes. Then add the milk and bring to just before boiling (bubbles forming on the surface) for about 20 seconds..
- Pour the tea mixture into your cup or teapot through a sieve to strain out the tea leaves..
- Add the sugar (optional, to taste) and the spice mix (through a sieve, or cloth) to your tea. Enjoy!.
Masala chai (/tʃaɪ/; lit. "mixed-spice tea") is a flavoured tea beverage made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. Commonly called Chai tea by westerners, a name which is kind of like saying ATM Machine, Masala Chai or Chai is a distinctive style of milk-based tea consumed through-out the Indian sub-continent and into southeast Asia. Indian households make chai / tea mostly using loose tea leaves. Don't spend too much on getting the best tea leaf available. Indian Chai – Masala Tea recipe with step by step pictures and a detailed video.