Southern Iced Sweet Tea. Southern Sweet Tea recipes have been passed down from generation to generation. Dear Liptons, Born and raised Southerner here. I stumbled upon your Southern Sweet Iced Tea Mix and decided that I'd give it a try.
This is how my Granny made sweet tea and it is some kind of sweet. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Like most southerners sweet iced tea has a special place in my heart. You can cook Southern Iced Sweet Tea using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Iced Sweet Tea
- It’s 1 of family size gallon tea bag.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s of Ice.
- It’s of Water.
If you drop by my home I can pretty much guarantee you'll find a cold pitcher of It's not as addicting, but I'm starting to get use to it. This southern sweet iced tea recipe is sweet, refreshing, satisfying and makes you say "ahhhhhhh". I find the flavor actually changes and improves the more chilled the tea gets. Pour it over ice, and drink.
Southern Iced Sweet Tea step by step
- Fill saucepan to about inch from rim with water until almost full but enough space for a rapid boil (about 1 and 1/2inch) place one tea gallon tea bag on medium high heat until reaches a good boil I use Lipton.
- Once reaches a rapid boil turn heat off and let cool on same burner.
- While that cools place 1 and one half cup of sugar in a one gallon tea pitcher.
- Once steam settles at least 20 minutes pour tea in pitcher and mix throughly the longer it sits the stronger.
- Now fill pot with ice and pour in pitcher and stir.
- Fill rest of pitcher with ice cold water while stirring.
- Fill cup with ice and tea! Enjoy!!!.
This Southern Sweet Tea recipe is smooth, sweet, and delicious! It includes tried-and-true tips for how to make sweet tea that everyone loves! If you have ever been fortunate enough to enjoy an ice-cold glass of Southern sweet tea, then friends, you will know what I'm talking about when I say that there. From Southern sweet tea recipes to variations on iced tea, our favorite iced tea recipes will show you exactly how to make sweet tea and more. There are a few trademark things folks think of when they think of the South.