Blueberry Tea Cake. If last summer was all about the fresh tomatoes, this A slice of tea cake doesn't hurt either. The more you know… As much as this blueberry almond tea. I found this recipe in an old loose-leaf cookbook owned by my great-aunt.
The cake is dotted with blueberries and topped with a cream cheese frosting. The cake is a cinch to mix together, no electric mixer required. It's more like a quick bread in that respect, and I respect it for that. You can cook Blueberry Tea Cake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Tea Cake
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of White Sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs, (separated).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- It’s 1 of Icing sugar, for dusting.
Mom's Blueberry Tea Cake is an easy-to-make cake that's beautifully moist, studded with blueberries, and topped with crunchy yumminess. I was so excited to take in my first blueberry picking last week. This lemon blueberry tea cake was a big hit here. It is sweet, but has lots of tang from the lemon syrup and lemon zest.
Blueberry Tea Cake instructions
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar and egg yolk..
- Add alternately flour and milk.
- Add well beaten egg whites.
- Divide mix in half. Place half in bottom of pan and cover with floured berries place remaining batter over berries..
- Cook for 25 minutes on 350°. When cool dust with icing sugar.
It's finally blueberry season in Texas. Blueberry Tea Cake makes a wonderful mid-afternoon snack with a cup of your favourite tea. It's called a tea cake because it's lovely served with tea and not because tea is in the ingredients. Share: Rate this Recipe Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, then lightly fold in blueberries. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the blueberries.