The Best Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies!. These cookies are one of THE BEST that has ever come out of my oven! I couldn't believe how fast they were mixed up. We rolled these in a mixture of yellow colored sugar and regular.
Add more lemon zest for extra lemon flavor. Key Steps for making the BEST Lemon sugar cookies: Cream butter and sugar for four minutes or until light and. Some people say tea cakes remind them of sugar cookies but I think they remind me more of sweet cornbread or pound cake in cookie-biscuit form. You can cook The Best Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies! using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Best Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies!
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (for rolling).
The lemon zest just bumps up all those flavors so it's a must as well. Sometimes I'll add in a drop of almond extract or a bit of rum extract. Lemon sugar cookies recipe taste like you've taken a big bite out of summer! Add them to a cookie and you better believe I'm all about it!
The Best Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies! instructions
- In a medium bowl, cream together room temperature butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy..
- Beat in egg, corn syrup, and lemon extract (NOT lemon juice!).
- Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder..
- VERY IMPORTANT: cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165 degrees C)..
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. It is necessary to use parchment paper and not a silpat or grease because you want the bottom of your cookie to bake correctly..
- Roll chilled dough into walnut sized balls. Roll balls in the extra 1/2 cup sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet..
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. It is a good idea to check the cookies at 10 minutes..
I've been making this lemon version of my sugar cookie recipe for years and years and every time I take them to an event or to friends, I'm asked for the recipe and. These wonderfully chewy cookies have a light lemon flavor from both the juice and zest. I had a delicious lemon tea cookie that I have made for years and unfortunately lost the recipe. My husband commented they were the best sugar cookies I had ever made. Will keep this recipe and make them.