Lemon Tea Bread. Learn how to make Lemon Tea Bread. Glaze-Once sugar is dissolved, pour over hot bread and allow bread to cool before serving. I received this recipe as part of a gift, along with a lemon thyme plant and a fresh loaf of this pound cake-like bread.
To make the bread, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and juice, salt, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Tea-time is very popular in Europe and was a standard practice in England and all of its colonies. It was at high-tea that a confection was served and this Lemon Tea bread is an example. You can have Lemon Tea Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Tea Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons.
Add eggs and grated lemon peel. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Learn the proper techniques for Baking and Pastry from the chefs at The International Culinary Schools at The Art Institutes. Pour evenly over bread as soon as it is re- moved from oven.
Lemon Tea Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition..
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture alternating with milk beating at low speed just until blended beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to mixture. Spoon batter into greased and floured 8×4 inch loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack..
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spoon evenly over top of cooled bread letting excess drip down sides..
Betty demonstrates how to make Lemon Tea Bread. This is an excellent recipe to make for a holiday brunch or afternoon tea. Lemon Tea Bread ½ cup butter. In processor, finely grind Earl Grey tea leaves and sugar. Whisk all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.