Sophie's green tea, Nigella and Sesame seed sweet loaf.
You can have Sophie's green tea, Nigella and Sesame seed sweet loaf using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's green tea, Nigella and Sesame seed sweet loaf
- Prepare 275 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 of sachet fast acting dried yeast.
- Prepare 25 grams of butter.
- Prepare 150 ml of green tea, lukewarm and well stewed.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Nigella seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- It’s 60 grams of sugar (brown is best).
Sophie's green tea, Nigella and Sesame seed sweet loaf step by step
- Mix the flour, yeast and sugar together..
- Chop your butter in to tiny chunks, place on top of your flour mix and pour on the lukewarm tea..
- Squeeze the green tea bags so there is no water left and the liquid gets into the dough mix..
- Mix into a sticky dough, and tip out onto a floured surface..
- Knead for ten minutes, adding flour to help with the kneading as required..
- Place back in the mixing bowl and cover with cling film..
- Leave for a few hours if possible. If you can't leave it that long, half an hour will be ok as a minimum. I leave mine for about 2 hours as it makes the bread lighter and the crust a bit crisper..
- After you have left your dough, remove it from the bowl, shape and place in a greased or silicon loaf tin..
- Use scissors to snip little arrow shapes into the top of the dough. They should stick up like hedgehog spines..
- Leave it for half an hour in the tin, covered..
- While it sits, preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Brush with milk and sprinkle the seeds on top..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown..