Southern Sweet Tea. Stock Up Today On Your Favorite Spirits. Check Out Southern Sweet Teas on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
We serve tea at every Southern gathering, from funerals to baby showers to church potlucks. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Southern sweet tea is an iced tea, meaning that it is tea made to be served over ice. You can cook Southern Sweet Tea using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Sweet Tea
- Prepare 4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 packages of Family Size Tea Bag – Caffinated.
Some brands that are preferred for iced tea are Red Diamond, Luzianne, Lipton and Tetley. Look for markings on the package to say that it is specially made for iced tea. Homemade Southern Sweet Tea is the house wine of the south. This recipe comes out perfect every single time thanks to a simple tip.
Southern Sweet Tea step by step
- Pour 2 cups of the water into a medium saucepan.
- Add the sugar.
- Turn burner onto high heat and stir the sugar in until it has melted. Bring to soft boil..
- Take off heat. Place teabag into water and let sit for 5 minutes. (If using decaffinated tea, let steep for a minimum of 30 minutes).
- After the 5 minutes, take out teabag..
- Pour the remaining water into the tea mixture..
- Let cool for atleast 3 hours in the fridge..
Every gal in the south has her own way of making sweet tea. We're pretty proud about it too actually. Around my house we like our tea strong and sweet. In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.