Southern Sweet Tea. This Southern Sweet Tea recipe is smooth, sweet, and delicious! It includes tried-and-true tips for how to make sweet tea that everyone loves! There are so many drinks that are perfect to enjoy from.
Inspired by the Southern States, this is a much-loved speciali-tea. Your favorite Lipton® Tea, chilled with a little lemon and mint. Sweet tea is synonymous with Southern culture. You can have Southern Sweet Tea using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Sweet Tea
- It’s of sweet tea gallon.
- You need 4 of Family size lipton tea bags.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 medium of size pot(i only use this pot for tea).
- You need 3 of lemons.
- It’s 1 of cold water.
- Prepare 1 gallon of size glass container.
When we order tea at a restaurant, we assume that the waiter will bring an ice-cold glass of sweet tea (maybe with lemon) that perfectly complements our. Learn how to make this LIPTON® Iced Tea recipe for Southern Sweet Tea. Every Southern family has a sweet tea recipe, and this one is ours. It's as Southern as a biscuit, great with any dish from apple pie to baked ziti, and should always be available in the fridge.
Southern Sweet Tea instructions
- turn burner on a medium low.
- fill pot 3 quarters of the way full with cold water and place tea bags inside.
- set the pot on the burner and leave it there for about 20 minutes.
- do not let the water come to a complete a boil.
- add sugar to the gallon container.
- pour about 3 cups of cold water into picture.
- remove the tea bags from water and pour tea over sugar water.
- stir well.
- fill glass with ice then add tea and garnish with lemon slice..
- *note* do not cover untill all steam has risen …to keep from going sour.
Traditional sweet tea is a southern staple, but that doesn't mean you can't experiment with flavor. Adding mint sprigs, flavored syrups and throwing in some flavored tea bags during steeping are just a. Southern Sweet Tea is the perfect drink for any occasion. Anyway, in all seriousness, sweet tea is so quintessentially "home" that I thought we could all use a good dose of it today. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags.