Southern Iced Tea. This is how my Granny made sweet tea and it is some kind of sweet. Sweet Iced Tea – The Elixir of The South. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags.
This southern sweet iced tea recipe is sweet. Southern sweet tea is an iced tea, meaning that it is tea made to be served over ice. Some brands that are preferred for iced tea are Red Diamond, Luzianne, Lipton and Tetley. You can cook Southern Iced Tea using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Iced Tea
- Prepare of ingredients.
- It’s 5 envelope of Lipton black tea.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
Try iced tea the traditional southern way, but without as many calories! Remove and discard tea bags, squeezing gently. From Southern sweet tea recipes to variations on iced tea, our favorite iced tea recipes will show you There are a few trademark things folks think of when they think of the South. Southern Iced Tea, a delicious and refreshing drink that you must try.
Southern Iced Tea instructions
- Add 2 cups of sugar to a 2 quart saucepan(make sure u didn't recently cook in it, tea will take on that flavor, clean pot very well, infact I use one saucepan just for tea and only tea).
- Fill up pan with water and put on stove bring to a rolling boil. watch don't let it boil over the sides of pan..
- After it comes to a rolling boil remove from heat. Let cool with tea bags still in pan..
- Once cool add to a 2 gallon pitcher, and fill the rest of the way with water in pitcher..
- Put in refrigerator until cold. Enjoy!.
- I usually use 1 cup sugar per gallon but you can add more or less sure per your liking..
Lipton® family size Southern Sweet iced tea is blended in Virginia and pre-sweetened for a fresh-brewed, real Southern taste. Non-bitter, with woody notes and reddish-amber hue, all senses are. Iced tea (or ice tea) is a form of cold tea. Though usually served in a glass with ice, it can refer to any tea that has been chilled or cooled. It may be sweetened with sugar, syrup and/or apple slices.