You can cook Masala tea using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Masala tea
- It’s 4 of whole cloves.
- You need 2 of Cardamom pods.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick, broken into pieces.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 cup milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of black tea (decaf is best).
Masala tea step by step
- In a mortar, crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon, or use a coffee grinder..
- Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil..
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes..
- Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil..
- Remove from the heat and add the tea..
- Cover and let steep for 3 minutes..
- Stir the chai, then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups..