Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965. These Pecan Puffs are the perfect combination of crumbly and soft. They literally melt in your mouth! Filled with full color photos that highlight the essence of Russian cuisine.
The recipes for these three cookies are essentially the same. The type of nut varies depending on which one you are making. Mexican Wedding Cookies: Mexican wedding cookies are usually shaped into balls. You can cook Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965
- It’s 1 cup of Eggs, whites and yolks mixed.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 4-6 Cups of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of butter.
- You need 1 cup of chopped almonds.
- It’s of Sugar and cinnamon.
See more ideas about Volga germans, German and Russia. Lemon Meringue Pie – this recipe is a family favorite! It's an easy pie recipe with homemade lemon filling and sweet meringue. This is a family recipe – my Aunt Tootsie made it for years – and now the recipe is mine to share.
Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 step by step
- Mix Eggs, sugar and cream, and add enough flour To make a dough that can be handled..
- Roll out 1/4- inch thick into a rectangle 3 times as long as wide..
- Spread half the butter thinly over the right – hand 2- thirds of the dough..
- Fold the left hand third over this..
- Roll out and chill..
- Repeat with remaining butter..
- Chill well..
- Divide dough into 4 parts..
- Roll each part into a rectangle, as thin as possible, sprinkle with some of the chopped almonds, sugar and cinnamon, and roll..
- Cut in slices, sprinkle with the rest of the almonds, sugar and cinnamon..
- Bake cut – side down on a baking sheet in a hot oven (400f) until delicately browned..
Don't be scared of making Lemon Meringue Pie. See more ideas about Vintage recipes, Recipes, Cooking recipes. A cookie is a baked or cooked food that is typically small, flat and sweet. It usually contains flour, sugar and some type of oil or fat. It may include other ingredients such as raisins, oats, chocolate chips, nuts, etc..