Cactus salad. If you prefer to try the pure, unadulterated, natural flavor of cactus, then perhaps our Cactus Salad is exactly what you need! Bookmarking this to try when we make Mexican food. › Nopalitos Cactus Salad. Watch cactus__salad's best highlights, recent VODs, and top clips on Twitch.
Authentic Mexican Cactus Leaves Salad (Ensalada De Nopales). This is an authentic Mexican cactus leaves salad (ensalada de nopales), a very refreshing salad for the summer that goes well. Learn to make a classic salad from Mexico's iconic nopal cactus and discover your new favorite veggie. You can cook Cactus salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cactus salad
- Prepare 2 1/2 of vine ripe tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced Cactus.
- It’s 1 of feta cheese crumbles.
- It’s of cilantro.
- You need tsp of lemon juice.
- You need dash of black pepper.
- Prepare of thinly sliced onion.
- It’s 1 of Green onion sliced.
Try this colorful cactus salad with purple onions and chopped tomatoes. Why serve the same ol' salad when you could wow the crowd with something different? I made a low fat, low calorie,tasty Mexican salad. I hope you can find fresh nopales in your area.
Cactus salad step by step
- I bought Cactus in a jar. Make sure you rinse it all in a colander and let drain..
- Wash tomatoes, cut in half, remove meat. Your left with the shell of the tomatoes, that's all you want. Dice them and toss into the container you will be storing in the fridge..
- Cut about a medium sized onion in half. Thinly slice half of that, add to the tomatoes..
- Take a few sprigs of cilantro, pluck the leafs off, add to container of veggies..
- Cut the ends of the green onion, slice up, add to container of veggies..
- Add Cactus, a couple scoops of feta cheese, a splash of lemon juice, a dash of pepper to the rest of the veggies. Toss well with your hand. Serve by itself or along with your favorite mexican dish. You can use as much or as little of any ingredient you would like this was just how I made mine..
Our guest today is Carmen; she writes in her blog "Saborearte Entusiasma". When you visit her blog you will not only find recipes and the history behind the food, but you will also enjoy her. This salad is fresh and festive. Use jarred cactus if you can't find fresh. Recipe courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger.