Steak and Cactus Pasta. Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations Description: Cactus Jack's is a local's favorite specializing in steaks, seafood and pasta. View the menu for Cactus Steak House and restaurants in Eagle Pass, TX. See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions.
Ingredients of Steak and Cactus Pasta
- It’s 2 of Cactus leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of serano pepper, diced.
- It’s 5 of white mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of thinly cut ribeye steaks.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped and packed fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of box of shell pasta.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Queso Alfredo Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quesadilla cheese.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
Cactus Food Steak Salad Fajitas Food Menu Steel Meat Beef Iron. Creamy Shrimp Pasta Fettuccine Pasta Pasta With Seafood Healthy Shrimp Pasta Shrimp Scampi Pasta Shrimp Meals Chicken And Shrimp Alfredo Fish Pasta Creamy Pasta Dishes. Description: Cactus Jack's is a local's favorite specializing in steaks, seafood and pasta. Try this Cactus Chicken Fried Steak recipe, or contribute your own.
Steak and Cactus Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to broil..
- Place tomatoes in oven 7 inches below broil coils and roast tomatoes for 10 minutes on each side, until the skin starts to blacken and peel back..
- Place tomatoes in a zip lock bag, and zip close removing all air. Cover bag with a damp paper towel and let the tomatoes sit for about 10 minutes..
- Using your knife remove cactus needle by sliding knife across needles going upwards towards the round end of the cactus. As if you were shaving with the grain..
- Cut cactus into strips, then cut into bite size pieces..
- Take ribeye steak and cover with a sheet of saran wrap, and flatten steak using a mallet. Or you can use a rolling pin and roll the steaks out flat..
- Chop steak into 1/2 inch slices..
- Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt, ground black pepper, coriander, lime zest (about 1/8 teaspoon). And using your hand, massage the seasoning into the meat..
- Covet steak pieces with saran wrap and set aside..
- In a large pan, on medium-high heat add water, 1 teaspoon salt, and chopped cactus..
- Cook cactus for 7 minutes, or until water has absorbed and cactus starts to look like cooked green beans..
- In the same pan, still on medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, onions, red bell peppers, & 1/2 serano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in sliced mushrooms, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and cook for 3 minutes..
- Meanwhile bring a large pot to boil and add in salt… The water should taste like the ocean. Cook your shell pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water..
- Remove tomatoes from ziplock bag and peel the skins off. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan with the vegetables..
- In the pan with the cooked vegetables add in the chopped steak and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir it occasionally to make sure that the steak can absorb all the flavors. Then turn the heat down to low and add in the other half of the serano pepper while you prepared your sauce..
- In a medium pot add heavy cream, pasta water, and butter on medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted add in salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute. Then whisk in cheese until cheese has melted..
- In the same large pot that the pasta was cooked in, add in the meat and veggie filling, and the Alfredo sauce to the drained pasta. Stir; and on medium-low heat cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Let pasta sit on low heat for 2 minutes, add in chopped cilantro, stir, and serve! I topped ours with some crumble fresco cheese! 😃.
Dip each steak into the seasoned flour, then dip into the egg wash, (mix the eggs and water in a separate bowl for the egg wash), and dip the meat back into the seasoned flour, coating each steak well. The Cactus Café is a live music venue and bar on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Located in Austin, Texas, a city frequently referred to as "the live music capital of the world," a number of well-known artists have played in the Cactus. All reviews steak pasta sizzling platter garlic rolls stuffed shells new york strip italian dressing potatoes italian buffet the early bird green beans off the menu If your looking for a great steak in Myrtle Beach, visit Angelo's Steak & Pasta House. After being seated our Server Donna came with a delicious salad.