Tortas de Camaron con Nopales.
You can cook Tortas de Camaron con Nopales using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tortas de Camaron con Nopales
- Prepare 2 cups of shrimp powder.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of already cut up tender cactus from the jar, drained.
- It’s 8 of chile guajillo.
- You need 2 of chile ancho.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- It’s of Corn tortillas.
- It’s of Corn oil.
Tortas de Camaron con Nopales instructions
- Start by seperating your egg whites from the yolk. Put yolk in a different bowl than egg whites..
- Beat egg whites until white & fluffy. Once fluffy, add yolks & beat a little bit more (not too much)..
- Now add shrimp powder & fold it in with spatula until well incorporated & thickens..
- Add oil to pan, deep enough but not enough to completely submerge. When heated, spoon into pan medium sized circles of the egg/shrimp powder mix. Let cook about 2-3 mins on each side til brownish. When done, remove each torta & place on plate lined with paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Keep doing this until all mix is gone. This should make 7-10 tortas depending on their sizes..
- Take all your seeds out of your chiles & boil them. Once tender, put chiles in blender. Add to blender your cilantro, garlic, onion, chicken bouillon cube & some of the water from when you boiled your chiles. Blend well..
- Heat another pan to medium heat. Once heated, with a mesh colander, add blender mix to the colander holding the colander over heated pan. Move mix added to colander around with a spoon so that the mixture seaps into the pan thru the colander but catches the flakes of the chiles. Add more water from when you boiled your chiles if needed..
- Once all the blender mix is heating in the pan, add your already cooked tortas to chile mix with your nopales (cactus). Cook covered on medium heat for 10 more mins..
- Serve with corn tortillas & rice or beans if you prefer. Enjoy!.