Penne alla Vodka.
You can cook Penne alla Vodka using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Penne alla Vodka
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 pinch of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 cup of vodka.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmiggiano reggiano.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta.
Penne alla Vodka step by step
- In a non stick pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute, add the hot pepper flakes, oregano and stir to combine. Add the vodka and cook until it’s reduced by half..
- Add the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to low, cook partially uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile fill a large pot with water add in a generous sprinkle of salt and bring it to a boil..
- After the 45 minutes season the sauce to taste and add the heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 8 to 9 minutes. This is the perfect time to add the pasta to the salted boiling water..
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, turn the heat off and add a few fresh basil leaves and the grated parmiggiano. Stir to combine and serve right away..