Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce. This amazing creamy vodka pasta Bolognese dish will make you feel like you are in pasta heaven! Nothing in this Pasta in Vodka Sauce with Sausage dish tastes overbearing or under seasoned. To finish sauce preparation, cream and basil is added to the mixture at the very end, right before mixing..
I love making this one and placing it in the Crock-pot for the last simmer Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente. In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. You can cook Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce
- You need 2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 of hilshire farms kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1/2 package of tri colored rotini.
- You need 3 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- You need 1/4 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of vodka.
- You need 8-10 of lg basil leaves, fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of powdered chicken bouillon, to taste.
- Prepare of parmigian Romano cheese blend.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup cold water.
Tubes of rigatoni hold the tomato sauce, giving you a burst of creamy flavor with every bite. Use either hot or mild Italian sausage here, depending o. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. A Chianti Classico Riserva is the wine of choice with this dish.
Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce instructions
- Cook pasta in a LG sauce pot in 2 qts water to al dentè..
- Drain pasta but don't rinse. You will need the starch on the noodles.
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a Dutch oven. Add 1 cup water. Simmer on med high until tomatoes are well stewed. 20-25 minutes. You will probably have to add water several times, but never exceed a cup when adding. Stir often..
- When tomatoes are very stewed, wait till water is almost gone. Add vodka, basil, and garlic. Simmer until vodka reduces by half..
- Reduce heat to med low. Add cream, milk, chicken, sausage, and bouillon. Stir well. Bring to a simmer..
- When mix is bubbling, slowly add cornstarch mixture, stir constantly. When thickened, add pasta. Stir until mixed well. Sauce should thicken nicely.
- Top with parmigian Romano mix. I served with garlic bread and buffalo cauliflower with cheese sauce..
The creamy vodka and tomato pasta sauce will please everyone! Because the sauce is made completely from scratch (no packaged sauces), you can easily convert this recipe to Add tomatoes, vodka, crushed red pepper, basil, oregano – break tomatoes if necessary. This creamy tomato sauce packs a flavorful punch. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve pasta and bread immediately, passing additional cheese tableside if.