Mexican Tortillas. Place each tortilla on a medium hot cast iron skillet. Cozumel, Mexico — Photo by Chloe Miller. That's the dough used to make fresh corn tortillas each Cozumel, Mexico — Photo by Chloe Miller.
Pulled Pork Soft Tacos, Mexican Tortilla Wraps, Loaded Avocado Quesadillas. The most important use of corn is the one that is centuries old. Corn forms masa, the dough for tortillas and their variations and for tamales. You can have Mexican Tortillas using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Tortillas
- Prepare of Cornmeal.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Ground bread.
Mexican tortillas have become mainstream over the past few decades. The Mexican Tortillas recipe out of our category Dips! Learn the secret ingredient for perfect Mexican corn tortillas as passed down by Mexican grandmas! Up your taco game with these amazing homemade tortillas.
Mexican Tortillas step by step
- You must first empty the cornmeal into a bowl and then add the breadcrumbs to it..
- Then add the water and mix with the flour for 2 to 3 minutes to form a firm ball (if the dough feels dry, add one or two tablespoons of water)..
- Divide the ball of dough into 16 or 15 small balls. You cut a bag in a circle so you can step on your tortillas..
- You put your Comal to heat, and with a tortillera you can make the tortillas. (You can also do it with your hands, if you want to do it with your hands you must use the bags you cut and put your ball and do it with your hands until you grasp the shape of a circle)..
- Then you put your tortillas in the Comal and wait 20 seconds to sew, then turn and wait another 20 seconds and then turn again and wait 20 seconds and then take out your Tortilla..
- When you have your tortillas on your comal, you wait for them to be sewn to take them out.
- Hello everyone, this is my recipe I hope you like it, it is a recipe for tortillas and you can eat them warm and fill your belly.
Think Mexican lasagne using ready-made tortillas instead of sheets of pasta. This Mexican style flour tortillas recipe is super soft, aromatic, and luscious in your mouth. These may be frozen, thawed then reheated and are still soft. Tortillas are the quintessential staple food of the Mexican diet and cuisine. Maiz or corn Tlaolli was considered a sacred plant, the most important staple food of both past and present-day Mexicans.