Queso Enchiladas. Enchiladas can be so varied in their fillings and sauces. Sometimes we get stuck with just "red or green" sauce, "beef or chicken" and miss out on all the other great flavors! I suggest starting with these queso fresco enchiladas.
Chorizo & Cheese Empanadas With Avocado Crema, Easy Cheese Enchiladas, Huancaína Sauce Then dip the softened tortilla into the enchilada sauce and remove to a plate. Add crumbled Queso Fresco to the middle of the tortilla and top with a few slices of pepper (optional). Roll tortilla around the filling to make the enchilada. You can have Queso Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Queso Enchiladas
- Prepare of Enchilada Filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Shredded cheese.
- It’s of Queso Sauce.
- It’s 1 block of velveeta cheese.
- It’s 1 can of Rotel.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 cups of milk.
- It’s of Tortillas.
- It’s 24 of corn tortillas.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
Sometimes we get stuck with just "red or green" sauce, "beef or chicken" and miss out on all the other great flavors! I suggest starting with these queso fresco enchiladas. Queso fresco is a delicious, fresh Mexican cheese that doesn't melt well, but crumbles beautifully. In casserole dish assemble enchiladas—tortilla, meat mixture, chopped onion, grated cheese, either fold in half or roll with seam down.
Queso Enchiladas step by step
- Cook ground beef and drain it. Add taco seasoning, salt, & pepper. Cover and let simmer..
- While enchilada filling cooks, add velveeta cheese, Rotel, and milk to pot. Thickness of sauce depends on how much milk. Cook to your liking..
- Add vegetable oil to small sauce pan and fry corn tortillas.
- Add filling to each corn tortilla along with shredded cheese (how much filling and shredded cheese varies) and roll tortilla.
- Apply thin layer of queso sauce to bottom of a deep pan (may need 2 pans). Add enchiladas to pan. Smother enchiladas with queso sauce..
- Place in oven at 400° for 15-20 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Roll up the enchiladas and place them seam side down in the pan. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and place a spoonful of queso down the middle of the over each enchilada in the dish. For the Tortillas – Use fajita sized kind. I used flour tortillas but if you have a gluten intolerance corn, tortillas are totally yummy too. For the Filling – Chicken (duh), cream cheese, queso, cumin, and salt.