Baked Chicken Enchiladas. Seriously the best chicken enchiladas ever, made with lots of chicken, cheese, black beans (optional), and my favorite homemade red enchilada sauce recipe. Chicken and a creamy tomato sauce are rolled up in tortillas for this chicken enchiladas recipe-very quick to Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
In the center of each tortilla, spoon a small scoop of chicken mixture. These are great for a family dinner or party. I've also cut the baked enchiladas into three sections and served them as appetizers with chips and salsa.—Elaine. You can cook Baked Chicken Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cups of salsa (I use Pace Picante).
- It’s 1 can of Rotel, drained.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Monterey Jack Cheese.
- It’s 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Colby Jack Cheese.
- Prepare 20-25 of corn tortillas.
- It’s of Toppings: sour cream, green onions.
Plus you only need a few ingredients – can you really get better than this? Well, I guess my crock pot chicken tacos recipe is just as amazing. Chicken enchiladas are a baked casserole dish made with four essential components. These shredded chicken enchiladas are a family-friendly dish that everyone will devour!
Baked Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook chicken either in pressure cooker or stovetop with seasonings as desired. Once cooked, drain off juices and add Rotel..
- Shred completely and set aside..
- Shred cheeses and set aside..
- Slice up green onions if desired for topping and set aside..
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in 1 cup of salsa and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Mix until well combined..
- Fold in the chicken completely..
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat up in microwave until soft and pliable..
- Coat 2 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray and spread out 1/2 cup of salsa between the two on bottom of dishes..
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping spoonful of filling and roll up; place seam side down in pans. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the tops..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Cooked Chicken Options for Chicken Enchiladas. White Chicken Enchiladas smothered in a creamy cheesy white sauce. So good, you may never go This white sauce. I think possibly these White Chicken Enchiladas have knocked the classic off. Tender roasted chicken gets dressed up with spicy, piquant enchilada sauce, covered in shredded cheese, then wrapped in tender tortillas and baked until warm.