Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Butter.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 stick of Celery (chopped small).
- It’s 1 pound of Chicken (chopped).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt (course).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper (ground).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Paprika (ground).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (ground).
- Prepare 6 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 3 of medium Carrots (chopped).
- You need 3 of Green Onions (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of medium Lime.
- You need 1 of large Tomato.
- It’s 1 of medium Acocado.
- You need 1 cup of Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cheese (shredded).
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Chop celery and add to pot. Cook until onions are translucent, around 8 minutes..
- Melt butter in large pot on medium heat..
- Chop onion. Add onions and garlic to pot..
- Clean chicken and chop into bite size pieces. Season with salt and black pepper..
- Add chicken, paprika, cumin, and cayenne to pot. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, around 8 minutes..
- Add chicken broth to pot and stir..
- Chop carrots and add to pot..
- Bring soup to a boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Chop onions and cilantro. Mix into soup and boil another 5 minutes..
- Slice lime and squeeze half into soup. Cover and let soup cool for 10 minutes..
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, lime, tomato, avocado and shredded cheese..