Easy Creamy Chicken Flautas. Chicken – Make it easy on yourself and use chicken that's already cooked! Shredded cooked chicken breast is what I like to use. How To Make Baked Creamy Chicken Flautas With Guacamole.
How Do I Serve Chicken Flautas? With flautas, the two things that vary by region are the filling and the toppings. In most cases, the filling is made from pulled chicken or beef, your favorite Mexican chili pepper, or just cheese. You can have Easy Creamy Chicken Flautas using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Chicken Flautas
- Prepare 1 (10 oz) of can shredded chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- You need 1 of tspn garlic salt.
- It’s 1/4 of tspn cayenne.
- It’s 4 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1/3 inch of Vegetable oil.
The toppings typically consist of shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato. Fried chicken flautas made with flour tortilla and fresh ingredients. Serve with sauces and taco fixings. Flautas are basically taquitos but made using flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas.
Easy Creamy Chicken Flautas step by step
- Combine drained chicken, sour cream, cheese, and spices in bowl..
- Wrap tortillas in paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make soft and rollable..
- Spoon filling down center of tortillas, and roll tightly, leaving the opening on bottom.
- Heat about a third inch of vegetable oil in a sauté pan to medium heat and fry opening side down for 2-4 minutes, then flip and fry for another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. TIP: press down with a spatula for the first minute to keep them closed. If they start to open once flipped you can hold them together with tongs for a min..
- Set on paper towel for 3-5 minutes to remove excess oil and crisp.
- FINITO! Take a cooksnap & let me know what you think! :).
I prefer flour tortillas so I make these chicken flautas a few times a year. WITH no heavy cream and dairy free options. Crispy Chicken Taco Rolls Tacos are an everyday event in Mexico with many different fillings. When tacos are rolled tightly and pan-fried until crisp so they resemble tubes or "flutes," they become flautas. This delicious, crunchy variation of tacos comes from Jalisco, Mexico, where it is a popular snack food.