Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Truly the BEST homemade enchilada sauce recipe! It's super simple to make, and a million times better than the canned stuff. (Also be sure to check out my recipe for Green.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or cooking oil of your choice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1 can of RoTel or diced chilis (optional).
In this quicker, easier version, we call on pantry staples like chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, flour, and broth to make it. I honestly love this sauce just as much as the one made with dried chilies and much. This homemade red enchilada sauce is the best! It's a mix of dried chiles plus Mexican spices for an authentic taste that's quick and easy to make, and perfect enchilada sauce for enchiladas, chilaquiles, soups and more.
Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce instructions
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Stir to combine well..
- Add spices to rue mixture and stir..
- Cook for about a minute or two to get rid of raw flour taste..
- Add beef broth and RoTel. whisk until smooth..
- Cook until thickened..
- I added a touch more broth because I like mine rather thin, adjust to your preference..
- I don't add salt, but if using in yours, use unsalted butter and low sodium broth and it wont be so salty..
I'm right there with you when it comes to that last minute rush to get. Learn how to make enchilada sauce in this recipe video. It's full of rich, authentic Mexican flavor and so easy to make! The secret to making a quick and easy enchilada sauce that tastes great is chili powder. We start with a simple roux, which is a mixture of flour and oil or A good red enchilada sauce recipe usually starts from dried chili peppers that need to be rehydrated.