Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- You need 1 of Onion, diced.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- You need 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- You need 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- Prepare 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- Prepare 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans…
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.