Cilantro Enchilada Sauce. Cilantro Lime Enchilada Sauce Is A Green Sauce! When I make homemade enchiladas or order them at our favorite Mexican restaurant, I always go with a traditional red sauce, BUT I decided to branch out a bit and make this recipe for a green enchilada sauce. Combine the chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
This Green Enchilada Sauce is hands down my favorite! I love to garden and each summer I plant a couple of tomatillo plants, just so I can make a few batches of this recipe to bottle and have to use all year long! If I had to pick a favorite meal, it would be these Creamy Cilantro Verde Enchiladas. You can have Cilantro Enchilada Sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Enchilada Sauce
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of chili's in adobo -chopped up.
- You need 8 of -ounce tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 4 teaspoon of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro, leaves no stems.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of lime juice -to taste if desired.
HOLY SMOKES they are SO GOOD! I especially love the combination of ingredients in the sauce. Steak Enchiladas made with thinly sliced steak, sauteed with onions and peppers, and topped with delicious jalapeno cilantro cream sauce and lots of cheese! In a small bowl combine sour cream, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
Cilantro Enchilada Sauce step by step
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and chili powder and stir to incorporate- 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro and lightly simmer for 8-10 minutes the sauce will thicken..
- With a blender or food processor puree the sauce and add the cilantro..
- Adjust the taste with salt, sugar and maybe lime..
- This is great for Enchiladas and Wet Burritos :).
Salsa and cilantro cream can be made up to a day ahead and stored in fridge. Top with Tomato Salsa and Cilantro Cream; serve with lime wedge. This green enchilada sauce with fresh citrus-spicy serrano chiles, tart green tomatillos, and a handful of emerald cilantro is super easy to make in your blender. You can make it with fresh tomatillos or to make it even quicker, use canned tomatillos. Pour enchilada sauce over the top and add your remaining cheese.