Chicken and Bean Quesadilla. In medium bowl, mix chicken, bell pepper, green onions, beans and rice. Fold other half of each tortilla over filling, press down slightly. Spray top halves of tortillas with cooking spray.
Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with the other tortillas and cook quesadillas over med-high heat until golden brown, flipping once. You can use vegetable oil or cooking spray when cooking quesadillas. You can have Chicken and Bean Quesadilla using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Bean Quesadilla
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken breast diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced red onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushrooms.
- It’s 16 of small corn tortillas.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- It’s Packet of fiesta ranch dry mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of greek yogurt.
Chicken and Bean Quesadillas are one of those great family dinners that kids and adults both love! It's a great way to get kids to eat beans as well – just hide them in melty cheese! Quesadillas also make a great snack whilst entertaining or watching sport, and they look pretty cool all piled up on a board served with the creamy chipotle. These black bean and corn quesadillas are really cheesy, a little bit spicy, and a little bit sweet.
Chicken and Bean Quesadilla step by step
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and sauté beans(drained and rinsed), onion, mushroom, cumin, and chicken for 5-6 min or until chicken is cooked through..
- Remove from pan and set aside..
- Spray pan again, place 1 tortilla in pan, put 2 tbsp of cheese on tortilla, then 1/2 cup of chicken mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook for 2 min on both sides..
- Repeat for 7 more quesadillas..
- Cut into quarters..
- Mix the ranch packet and yogurt and spoon over quesadillas. Serve hot. (Taco sauce, salsa, or chipolte sauce are all good substitutes for the spicy ranch).
- This recipe is great with my Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe in it..
My vegetarian husband goes crazy over these every time! Feel free to play around and add chicken or veggies, if you desire. Don't forget the salsa and sour cream! While skillet heats, start assembling your quesadillas. Here are a few other quesadilla recipes on the site: Chicken Cilantro Quesadilla – the combination of chicken and cilantro make every bite full of flavour; Smoked Chicken and Salsa Quesadilla – I have made this quesadilla many times when I have some leftover smoked chicken.