Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers. Four words: Sour Cream Chicken ENCHILADAS! Yum 🙂 I guess five, if you count the "Yum". I am slowly turning into the queen of homemade-super-fast-easy-dinners-that-my-kids-will-actually-eat-because-ain't-nobody-got-time-for-slow-cooking-anything-or-spending-longer-than.
If you haven't had these green chile chicken enchiladas, you are missing out! The quick and easy from-scratch creamy white sauce takes them Mexican Rice Fresh, seasonal fruit Roasted broccoli or asparagus Garnishes such as lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, extra cheese, or cherry tomatoes. Shredded chicken, fresh cilantro, green chile salsa and jalapeno salsa flavor these sour cream enchiladas. You can have Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers
- You need 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/8-1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro – tied with kitchen twine.
- It’s of Enough water to cover chicken in pot.
- It’s 2 (14 oz) of cans green enchilada sauce.
- You need 12 of small soft white corn tortillas.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
We have the easiest Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and Sour Cream Enchiladas are really easy to make too! The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Fixed these tonight & used mild green enchilada sauce instead of Rotel, put some black olives in also. The best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas! Corn tortillas are stuffed with a creamy, cheesy filling and topped with buttery enchilada sauce and even more cheese!
Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers step by step
- Place chicken in a 2 quart sauce pan. Sprinkle with next 5 ingredients. Top with cilantro bundle. Add enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15-20 minutes..
- Drain chicken. Use 2 forks to carefully shred. Place shredded chicken in a bowl. Pour 3/4 of the first can of sauce over chicken. Stir to combine. Pour remaining 1/4 can of sauce in bottom of a 6×8 casserole (usually a 2 quart). Swirl to coat. Set both aside..
- Rinse sauce pan used to cook chicken. Place on stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted wisk in flour for 1 minute. Wisk in second can of sauce until thickened..
- When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Let sit off heat for about 2 minutes to cool slightly. Wisk in sour cream..
- Assemble: arrange 4 tortillas on top of sauce in dish (they will be overlapping), arrange half the chicken evenly over tortillas, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken, drizzle 1/3 of the sour cream sauce over cheese. Top with four more tortillas, second half of chicken another 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/3 of the sauce. Finish with last 4 tortillas, then remaining sauce. Finally sprinkle evenly with last cup of cheese..
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Serve with Mexican inspired sides if desired. Enjoy!.
They weren't authentic by any stretch of the imagination: They were enchiladas with cream of chicken soup, green chiles, and not a drop. How to make green chili Chicken enchiladas #greenchilienchildas #viewsRecipe #makeitcomfortableforyourhome Please make this starter recipe comfortable for. These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are also great made into a chicken enchilada casserole in the oven. Layer the ingredients instead of baking and cook uncovered for an Place the green enchilada sauce in a separate container and add sour cream once defrosted (the little bit in the filling will be fine). A very easy recipe for Simple Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas with a creamy homemade green & white sauce.