Chicken Enchilada Bake. Your family is going to gobble up this cheesy, southwestern and easy chicken enchilada casserole…and will ask for it again and again. Chicken and a creamy tomato sauce are rolled up in tortillas for this chicken enchiladas recipe-very quick to Nutritional Information. This Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe is everything you love about chicken So today, I thought I would bump this chicken enchilada bake back to the top of the blog and give it a quick refresh with.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. We like a rolled enchilada, but not always the rolling. Plus you only need a few ingredients – can you really get better than this? You can cook Chicken Enchilada Bake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchilada Bake
- It’s 12 Oz of Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (about 3 cups).
- You need 1 of Onion, rough diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 3/4 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 (15 Oz) of Can unsalted Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Can of Black Beans or Frijoles Negro, drained.
- You need 4-6 (6 inch) of Corn Tortillas.
- It’s 3 Oz of pre shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare of Sour Cream and Guacamole for Serving.
Well, I guess my crock pot chicken tacos recipe is just as amazing. Upgrade your weeknight dinner with this decadent Cheesy Baked Chicken Enchiladas recipe. We're approaching the That chicken we fried up – that's next into the baking dish. Half of the chicken is our second precious layer.
Chicken Enchilada Bake step by step
- Preheat the broiler to high, about 500 degrees. Adjust the baking rack so it's on the second or third tier away from the broiler, and the glass or ceramic pan will be at least 2-4 inches away from the broiler..
- Combine Onion, Chicken Stock, Flour, Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red pepper, Salt and Tomato Sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Place 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture in a bowl and reserve. Add shredded chicken and beans to the remaining sauce mixture and cook in the pan for 2 minutes..
- Stack the corn tortillas and wrap them in wet paper towels, and microwave them on high for about 25 seconds. Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the middle of each of the tortillas down the center of the Tortillas, and fold or roll them up. Arrange the filled tortillas, seam side down in a 13 X 9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the 1 can of fire roasted tomatos, and the reserved 1 1/2 cups of sauce, and add shredded Mexican cheese on top..
- Broil the mixture for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbly. Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole, with rice or other Mexican sides of your choice..
An easy to prepare chicken enchilada casserole with only five ingredients. Perfect for a quick weeknight If you cook your chicken ahead of time, then all you have to do is layer, bake, and eat. Traditional enchiladas get a better-for-you upgrade in this no-roll, cheesy quinoa bake. I get asked a lot about what recipe I believe is best to introduce others to this way of eating. And if you are new here, this way of eating is whole food.