Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker.
You can have Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- You need 2 cans (10 oz.) of red enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of water or unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice, divided.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..