Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe. This year, we created custom Chex mixes to go with your favorite holiday movies—Elf™, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation™, A Christmas Story Buddy The Elf™ Muddy Mix. Add all the peanut butter to this take on our classic Muddy Buddies™ recipe. An all-time favorite, this classic recipe belongs in your recipe collection!
From October through March each year, I make classic Chex Mix almost every weekend. It's a great snack—perfect for the holidays, for the Super Bowl, and all the gatherings in between. Sweet Holiday Chex Mix is a staple recipe every Christmas season at my house! You can have Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe
- Prepare 3 cups of corn chex.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice chex.
- Prepare 3 cups of wheat chex.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed nuts.
- Prepare 2 cups of mini pretzels.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheerios.
- Prepare 1 cup of baby gold fish cracker.
- You need 1.5 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Chex Mix – the Sweet Version. If there's one treat you must make this season this is it! Okay there are a lot of treats that definitely deserve to be made this holiday season but this one should be near the top of your list. Classic Chex Mix is a salty, crunchy, addictive snack that's awesome for treat bags, on-the-go, lunch boxes, and parties and holidays.
Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Set out large baking dish deeper sides helps for stirring. I use a big aluminum disposible roaster pan..
- Mix chex mixs, in large bowl, add mixed nuts, pretzels, cheerios, and gold fish..
- In small sauce pan or in micriwave safe container. Melt butter add seasoning salt, onion and garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce stir thoroughly..
- Slowly pour butter mixture over dry chex mixture and stir continuously in small batches so as to to over saturate parts of the mix you want an even coating as possible. Stir 3 minutes then pour into baking sheet. Or sheets..
- Place sheets in oven and cook for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.make sure when stirring you are exposing the more saturated pieces below so they can crisp up. Once done pour on paper towles and allow to cool. Enjoy!.
Perfect for football parties, as an after school snack, for your holiday snacks and appetizer table, or just for watching TV, Chex Mix is a classic favorite! The classic chex mix – can't get any better! This recipe can be modified in so many ways and it still tastes delicious:) I used club snack I am honored to be able to be the first to rate this recipe. Who hasn't made eaten and loved Chex Mix? Oh the memories of making this with various beloved family.