Enchiladas. An enchilada (/ˌɛntʃɪˈlɑːdə/, Spanish: [entʃiˈlaða]) is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans. This easy recipe for Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas is a family favorite!
See how to make chicken enchiladas with a zesty tomatillo sauce. Enchiladas Verdes, with a simple homemade roasted tomatillo sauce that will make your tastebuds rock out. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. You can cook Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Enchiladas
- Prepare of Bell pepper (diced).
- You need of Onion (chopped).
- You need of Shredded Cheese.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Jalapeños (chopped).
- You need of Meat (chicken, steak, taco meat, or chorizo).
- It’s of Enchilada sauce (20 oz).
- You need of Tortillas (12 small).
- You need of Olive oil.
This beef enchiladas recipe is simple to make, made with the tastiest sauce, and it's sure to be a crowd favorite! The Best Fish Enchiladas Recipes on Yummly Enchiladas Mineras (traditional Enchiladas From Guanajuato), Easy Cheese Enchiladas, Skinny Chicken Enchiladas. Traditional Mexican green chicken enchiladas, made lighter than the typical restaurant dish served throughout the US.
- For shredded chicken: add minced garlic to half the enchilada sauce in deep skillet and heat to boiling. Season thawed chicken breasts and nestle into the sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through (15-20 min). Remove chicken, set sauce aside, and shred the chicken once cool..
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix meat, half the enchilada sauce (the half with the garlic if doing the shredded chicken), peppers, onions, jalapeños, and some of the cheese in a large bowl. Grease a deep baking pan. Microwave the tortillas to warm them, fill with the mixture, roll them and place seam down in the pan..
- Brush tops of tortillas with olive oil, and place pan in oven and bake until tortillas are golden brown (about 10 min)..
- Reduce temp to 400 deg. Remove pan from oven and cover with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 min. Remove from oven and let stand 5 min before serving.
- Alternatively, 1 can black beans and 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed) can be substituted for the meat, diced zucchini and squash added, and 1 can petite diced tomatoes and green chilis added (drained) to make vegetable enchiladas.
These are made with white corn tortillas. Add another Mexican meal to your pantry with enchiladas verdes, green enchiladas, with this recipe that has green chile sauce, chicken, and cheese. An enchilada is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a chili pepper sauce, but you. Enchiladas from my real, live Mexican great uncle. Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas.