Enchilada Sauce. My favorite recipe for homemade red enchilada sauce! It's surprisingly easy to make, and makes just about any enchiladas taste delish! Learn how to make enchilada sauce in this recipe video.
If you love enchiladas as much as I do, then making homemade enchilada sauce from scratch is a must! Enchilada sauce is one of my very favorite things, ever. I love when it soaks into tortillas while baking and makes everything all tangy, spicy, and good. You can have Enchilada Sauce using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada Sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 (5 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
Mmmmm. 🤤 But when the selection of enchilada. This Homemade Enchilada Sauce (which I am actually surprised I hadn't posted yet) is the base recipe I use in more than half of my recipes. You haven't seen a lot of Mexican recipes on the blog to this. Enchilada Sauce Recipe makes a staple ingredient for quick meals.
Enchilada Sauce step by step
- Heat vegetable oil add flour and stir making a roux, cook for 1 minute add chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. add remaining ingredients..
- Bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium and cook an additional 15 minutes..
This easy red enchilada sauce comes together quickly and keeps in the refrigerator for up to two weeks! Enchilada Sauce is a must-have staple of Mexican cuisine that will enhance any Tex-Mex or Mexican dish. It's great on tacos and enchiladas! This homemade red enchilada sauce is the best! It's a mix of dried chiles plus Mexican spices for an authentic taste that's quick and easy to make, and perfect enchilada sauce for enchiladas.