Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s of Small onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare of Avocados.
- It’s of Corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of large can of Whole peeled tomatoes (canned or fresh).
- It’s of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of All purpose seasoning.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- You need of Cumin.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cut the corn tortillas into strips and lightly (1-2 tbsp of oil) fry them on a pan or put them in the oven, making sure you flip them over until a golden crisp. Congratulations you've just made tortilla chips!.
- Cook onion until translucent, add the chicken and cook until done. Add the whole peeled tomatoes and chicken stock (I use 2 cartons of chicken stock and that feeds a family of four adults and two kids with some leftover). Add the salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning. Let it simmer to a low boil. Add the chopped up cilantro to the last 2-3 minutes of simmering time..
- In your soup bowl, layer with a few strips of tortilla, a couple pieces of avocado, a sprinkle of cheese. Pour soup into your bowl and top with remaining avocados, cheese and a couple of tortilla strips (it can be done with 1/2 of an avocado and a serving size of the blue container for the cheese). You can add a teeny tiny drop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!.