Chicken Tortilla Soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on. particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped white onion.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of store bought pre cooked rotisserie chicken pulled.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken, hearty black beans, sweet corn, fire roasted tomatoes, tangy green chiles, kickin' poblanos, creamy enchilada sauce and aromatic onions and garlic, seasoned to perfection and all topped with crispy, salty. When I see chicken tortilla soup on a restaurant menu, I get excited. There's something about the slightly spicy broth with tender chicken, the corn and black beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and those addictively good tortilla strips on top that I can't resist. (I like a thick soup so I use two small corn tortillas per person). Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips and fry them in some vegetable oil until they are slightly crisp.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- In pan heat butter, add rice and onion. Sautée for a bit..
- Add chicken stock and all other ingredients, heat until boil. Done..
Lightly sprinkle the tortilla strips with salt if desired. Layer the tortilla strips in bowls. Sprinkle with chopped avocado if desired. Tortilla Soup is a classically Mexican dish that has a tomato and broth base. Typically it is filled with vegetables and chicken, though pork or turkey can also be used in place of the chicken.