Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas. They are just like the ones served at one of my fave restaurants! If you don't like spinach- you will probably find that this recipe changes your mind. (Altered recipe after reviews regarding the saltiness and amount of sauce. These creamy vegetarian enchiladas are filled with a mixture of sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach and cheese and have a sour cream-chile topping.
These spinach and mushroom enchiladas are simple to make and even more delicious to eat! Place in the baking dish and repeat. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas to generously coat them, then top with the remaining cheese. You can cook Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas
- You need 16 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 of large onion, halved and thin sliced.
- You need 1 of large bag fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 of large jars Salsa Verde.
- It’s 2 cups of Shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need 1-2 of pkgs super size Yellow Corn Tortillas (@ 6-6 1/2") 10 per.
- You need 1 can of Refied Black Beans.
Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and heated through and. Chicken, Mushroom, and Spinach Enchiladas. posted by Christy Denney My husband and I are religious about date night. With five kids it's honestly a necessity so you don't become passing ships in the night.
Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas instructions
- Heat butter and 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add in mushrooms and saute until soft and moisture released..
- Add in onions and all the spices to the mushrooms..
- Stir everything together to continue to cook down. About 10 minutes..
- Add in fresh spinach a little at a time so it has time to wilt. Once cooked remove from heat and set aside..
- Heat another skillet with remainder of oil over medium high heat. Using tongs, place 1 tortilla at a time in hot oil for 2-3 seconds on each side and quickly remove draining and put on plate. Do this until you have 1 pkg done..
- Spread plastic wrap over your counter to be able to lay out the tortillas to fill and roll them. This keeps your counter clean..
- Start with a spoon of black beans on each tortilla..
- Then top with vegetables..
- Top with shredded cheese..
- Spread out about 1/2 cup of salsa verde. Start rolling enchiladas and put in pan. I pack them close together..
- Once pan is full top with remaining salsa..
- Cover with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly..
- These freeze well before baking. The ingredients may make more than 1 pan depending on how full you make them. Enjoy!.
Healthy enchiladas with spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, and all the best toppings. Vegetarian comfort food to eat on repeat this week! I don't really mind when my husband has to travel for business. The true beauty of this healthy enchiladas recipe is that you don't have to eat it right away. This vegetarian adaptation of a popular Mexican dish is a perfect make-ahead dish for days when you're too busy to cook.