Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes. A yummy breakfast burrito of cooked, crumbled chorizo sausage with onions and scrambled eggs mixed throughout. Serve on warm flour tortillas with a generous helping of shredded Cheddar cheese for the perfect hangover cure! Mexican chorizo is made with fresh pork while Spanish chorizo is made with smoked pork.
Optional hearty add-ons: ripe avocado slices and a drizzle of crema (Mexican sour cream). Heat the butter in the same pan over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm. You can have Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes
- It’s 2 of large flour tortillas.
- You need 3 teaspoons of avocado oil (or vegetable, coconut, etc).
- It’s 1/2 lb of Mexican cheese blend.
- You need 1 lb of frozen diced potatoes or homemade diced potatoes.
- It’s 1 lb of ground chorizo (not links unless taking fresh chorizo out of lining links).
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chipotle seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Delicious, quick to make and stuffed with chorizo, mushrooms and egg. Perfect as a brunch, lunch or dinner option! Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos Recipe. This is such an easy breakfast burrito recipe.
Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes instructions
- Heat large skillet with your choice of oil. Add potatoes to the skillet and cover and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes. If potatoes and not frozen, add potatoes and warm on medium-high uncovered..
- While potatoes are cooking, take out another skillet and only add non-stick spray (no oil here – chorizo produces enough). Once warm, add ground chorizo and cook on medium-high until meat is no longer pink..
- Remove cover of potatoes and flip. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chili powder, chipotle seasoning, and enough hot sauce to lightly cover the potatoes. Stir. Continue to cook potatoes until most are lightly crusted..
- Crumble the chorizo with spatula. Continue to flip around on medium-low heat when cooked..
- Add 6 eggs to a boil. Add a dash of salt and pepper and chili powder. Add yet another skillet to the lot and cover with non-stick spray. Pour whisked eggs onto the skillet and scramble as they cook..
- Warm and steam large torillas in the mircrowave for 20 seconds. I like to wet a paper towel and layer them. It's easier to fold that way..
- Once tortillas are warm, add mexican cheese to the bottom, then potatoes, then chorizo, then eggs, and more cheese. Fold the burrito like they would at chipotle or whatever. Sides in, then roll bottom to top..
- Optional – grill on a skillet!.
- Top with more hot sauce (I used Diablo sauce from Taco Bell 😉 and cheese..
- Add side of potatoes, and enjoy!.
Remember, you can also freeze these too. Just wrap them tightly in grease proof paper and. Either way, these chorizo, potato, and egg breakfast burritos will be good as tacos, nachos, or just straight out of the skillet for a lower carb breakfast. Grind the pork in a meat grinder set on the coarsest grind. Add garlic, salt, red chile, and oil and mix by hand.