Shrimp Enchiladas with Vegetables. Shrimp Enchiladas from Delish.com are sure to please. These enchiladas are a great crowd pleaser. Feel free to swap in any vegetables in the filling.
If you're looking to change up your dinner routine, give these shrimp enchiladas a try. Cream cheese combined with our cream of shrimp soup give just the right amount of creaminess to this dish and pickled jalapeno peppers add just the right amount of heat. These Shrimp Enchiladas are spicy, cheesy, and delicious. You can have Shrimp Enchiladas with Vegetables using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Enchiladas with Vegetables
- Prepare of For filling:.
- It’s 1 lbs of shrimp (peeled and divined).
- You need 1 of zucchini (graded).
- Prepare 2 of carrots (graded).
- It’s 2 tsp. of Garlic (or 2 cloves).
- You need 2 of green / red pepper(one jalepeno is fine) chopped.
- You need 1 of dry onion (chopped).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For sauce :.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of oil.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 cups of cheese (I used cheddar).
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbs of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce (optional).
- It’s 4 of tortillas.
If I lived near the coast I think I'd cook shrimp nearly everyday. Not only do I love how they taste and how versatile they are, I love that they only need a few minutes to cook. I started making these enchiladas last year during the Lenten season. It allows my family to observe Lent and still enjoy Mexican food.
Shrimp Enchiladas with Vegetables instructions
- Grade zucchini, carrots, chop garlic (if you use one) Melt 1 tbs butter in a pan, add onion sauté add garlic, let them be tender, add salt pepper, hot sauce (optional) add zucchini and carrots, cook about 5 mins. Until their juice is gone, 1/2 tsp parsley, stir 2 mins. set aside prepare your ingredients for sauce: flour, s. cream, broth, butter, garlic powder, parsley (I used dry).
- Heat 1 tbs butter in a pan, cook shrimp about 2 mins. After they are cooled to handle peel and chop them. Add into zucchini mixture, stir 1 mins. Remove from heat until you finish making your sauce..
- Melt butter, add flour, stir constantly, don't burn the butter, add broth, when it thickens little add s. Cream stir, (hot sauce if you want it) add cheese stir until gets creamy. Add parsley..
- Once it thickens turn it off, have two spoon of cream to shrimp mixture and stir. Keep aside.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Have two spoon mixture on the middle of tortilla, sprinkle some cheese top of it.
- Fold one side.
- Then the other side over it. Set your oven to 375 F, in a oven safe baking dish pour some sauce bottom of the pan, then place all the filled tortillas.
- Pour some more sauce over them. Cover with aluminum paper and cook 20 mins..
- Don't forget to sprinkle some more parsley before send them oven..
- If you have left over sauce serve with it..
When I brought it to school, my co-workers couldn't get enough of it.—Mari Acedo, Chandler, Arizona. Add shrimp and toss to incorporate evenly. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper. I happened to try Shrimp and Spinach Enchiladas the other day while I was out at lunch and I have to say that they were fabulous! I'd never tried them before and decided to try my hand at If you feel like beef or mince lasagne, just swop the vegetables for beef when cooking.