Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos. Instead of drowning my taco in a heavy salsa, I like to keep it simple and. A Bloody Mary might be a brunch cocktail, but it makes for the ultimate marinade in our skirt steak recipe. Amp up Taco Tuesday with this juicy spin on steak tacos.
Bloody Mary Skirt Steak – Spicy Southern Kitchen. A juicy skirt steak gets tons of flavor from a Bloody Mary marinade. Seared to perfection on the grill and served with Parmesan and rosemary roasted potatoes. You can have Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos
- You need 1/2 lb of skirt steak; cut thin on bias.
- It’s 2 oz of decent vodka (Svedka used here).
- You need 1 oz of pickle juice.
- Prepare 1/4 C of tomato juice.
- Prepare 1 t of prepared horseradish.
- It’s 1/2 C of "Zing Zang" bloody mary mix.
- You need 1 t of A1 sauce.
- You need 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion; julienne.
- You need 1 of avocado; large dice.
- You need 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare as needed of celery salt.
- You need as needed of black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of olive oil.
Taco recipes include fish tacos, grilled shrimp tacos and chicken tacos. Grilled skirt steak tacos are slightly spicy with just a hint of sweet thanks to a marinade of chipotle in adobo, cumin, coriander, and lime. We just found one more reason to adore tacos. Skirt steak takes a quick marinade before taking a quick turn on the grill and then being tucked inside warm tortillas.
Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos step by step
- Marinate skirt steak with 1 oz vodka, horseradish, and tomato juice overnight..
- Drain marinade. Lightly rinse. Pat dry with paper towels..
- Heat a medium sized saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom..
- Season steak with celery salt and black pepper..
- Add onions with a tiny bit of celery salt and black pepper. Saute on high heat for 1 minute..
- Add steak. Saute briefly until approximately 70% cooked, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and smoked paprika during last 30 seconds..
- Add worcestershire sauce and 1 oz vodka. Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Add bloody mary mix, A1 sauce, and pickle juice. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until nearly dry, about 1-2 minutes..
- Top tacos with avocado and shredded cheese blend..
- Variations; Celery, horseradish sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, corn, sofrito, beer, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, crushed pepper flakes, coriander seed, cilantro, scallions, chives, cayenne, jalapenos, shallots, habanero, bacon, oregano, marjoram, mint, oregano, parsley, lime, lemon, fennel, fennel seed, olives, blue cheese, feta, goat cheese, chili powder, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, basil, mozzarella, almond, red onion, Vidalia onion, capers, pearl onion, asparagus, raw or roasted bell peppers, parmesean, leeks, spinach, sea salt, red wine vinegar, sherry, black beans.
Be the first to review this recipe. The marinade for this grilled steak is based on the popular cocktail. While the meat is resting, char some green onions on the grill for a tasty and complementary side dish. Skirt steak is the ultimate summer steak for grilling—quick cooking, buttery, and versatile. Flank Steak with Bloody Mary Tomato Salad.