Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas. Great recipe for Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas. A recipe I threw together out of leftover ingredients in the fridge. It's OK if you don't have any enchilada sauce as marinara with some spices will suffice, or leave them without the sauce for some delicious toquitos!
Dip one tortilla in sauce, put meat mixture and some cheese on tortilla. Roll tortilla and place seam side down in pan. In a pan over medium heat, sauté the turkey, onion and bell pepper in the olive oil. You can cook Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas
- You need 1 lb. of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of large jalapeño pepper.
- It’s 8 of whole wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of hot sauce (tapatillo and chulula work best).
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 cup of enchilada sauce (or tomato based sauce/salsa).
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of Fresh or dried Oregano.
The Ultimate Easy Beef Enchilada Recipe with a smoky enchilada sauce and covered in cheese! These Beef Enchiladas scream comfort food – a homemade recipe that's perfect for a crowd and guaranteed to please! Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve. In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas step by step
- In a large stop top skillet: add olive oil and ground turkey. While meat is cooking dice up your onions and jalapeños and set aside. Once meat has browned drain the juices and add your seasonings, mix thoroughly..
- Add onions and jalapeños to the skillet and continue to cook on medium (covered) until the onions are soft. Add hot sauce to the skillet and mix until everything is covered in sauce. Continue to cook until filling is the desired doneness..
- On a microwave safe dish, heat 4 tortillas at a time for 20 seconds so they become easier to work with. Assemble all of your ingredients and lay out a baking dish to rest the enchiladas in..
- Take a handful of filling and spread it out lengthwise on a tortilla, making sure the filling ends at the middle running the length of the tortilla, an inch wide and a half inch tall. Wrap up and set into dish. Repeat until all toquitos are rolled..
- If you have enchilada sauce, add it to the top. If not: take some marinara sauce and mix in some ground cumin, oregano, paprika and chili powder. Spread mixture over top of the rolled tortillas..
- Bake on 350 degrees f. For 20 minutes, or longer if you prefer crunchy tortillas. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!.
Stir in the tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt; heat through. Fill each tortilla with turkey mixture and your cooked rice and sprinkle with cheese before folding. Fold tortillas over the filling and place seam-side down in the prepared pan. Pour the rest of your salsa over the top evenly over the enchiladas. Most store-bought sauces have added sugar, oils, and stuff like that, so I try to stay away from it.