Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna. For tuna, heat sesame oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mix chia seeds and sea salt in a shallow bowl. Great recipe for Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna.
Whisk the dressing in a bowl, and drizzle over the tuna plate. Sprinkle with the cilantro and a dash of sesame seeds. Place the tuna in the egg and shake off any extra liquid. You can have Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna
- Prepare of Ahi Tuna Steak.
- It’s of Chia seeds (typically sesame seeds, black/white for aesthetics).
- Prepare of Green beans (optional).
- You need of Garlic (optional).
- It’s of Red wine (fancy optional).
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Rice vinegar.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Lemon (optional).
- You need of Sweet chilli sauce (optional).
Then crust the tuna in the chia seeds. See great recipes for Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna, Chia seed bread (keto) too! Sesame-crusted ahi tuna with soy ginger lime sauce is a healthy and very simple dish to make! Pickled cucumbers add a sweet and tangy crunch with each bite.
Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna instructions
- Cut veggies and set aside. I chopped garlic and cut green beans down to 1" pieces..
- Prep tuna to room temperature, pat down excess moisture and set aside. This will allow the sauce to stick to the tuna easier..
- Prep seasoning. Mix salt, pepper, and chia seeds on a flat plate. Salt and pepper is to taste and seeds can be applied liberally..
- Prep sauce. Mix about a tbsp of soy sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar (to taste), and lemon. Set aside..
- Prep tuna. Apply sauce mixture to tuna, coating all sides. Then dip tuna in seasoning and coat all sides. Set aside..
- Heat pan and add cold oil to prevent sticking. Add seasoned tuna to pan and sear for no longer than 1 min (the photo is roughly 30 seconds). Then flip and repeat to other side. You may add garlic here if you want to combine flavors. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Stir fry veggies..
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice tuna (less than 1/8")..
- Combine all elements to a nice presentation plate, please get fancy. Immediately serve..
At the market, I'm always keeping my eye out for some good fresh fish, and recently I scored two beautiful ahi tuna steaks, and I knew just what to do. This new take on the classic Niçoise salad features poached egg and lightly seared ahi tuna crusted with a zesty blend of chia seeds, lime, chile and garlic. Combine with new potatoes, green beans and olives then dress with a Dijon chia blend vinaigrette to make a hearty salad that's a complete meal. Pan Seared Wild Ahi Tuna with Sesame and Chia Seeds. Recipe for Seared Tuna Crusted with Wasabi and.