Blueberry Chia Jam. Try this delicious blueberry chia jam as a healthy alternative to store-bought jam. Enjoy on toast, english muffins, over oatmeal, on vegan ice cream or anywhere else you'd use regular jam. Let jam cool slightly, then transfer to heatproof jars or containers.
It's absolutely loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and the vanilla extract lends an aromatic quality that makes it seem so, so indulgent. The maple antes up the complexity without overtaking the simple sweetness of the blueberries. And because this jam is just so darn tasty, it never lasts very long in our fridge! You can have Blueberry Chia Jam using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Chia Jam
- You need 3 cups of fresh blueberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of agave nectar.
- You need 1/4 cup of chia seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
For my toppings, I made this Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats recipe and used my fresh blueberry chia jam – the perfect use for all of my extra blueberries! Once your jam is ready and has set (let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour), layer up your jars with oats, almond milk, chia jam, extra blueberries and lemon zest. Blueberry Chia Seed Jam Chia seed jam is a healthy, low-sugar alternative to regular jam. This means you don't end up with a seedy jam.
Blueberry Chia Jam instructions
- Combine berries and agave in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries begin to soften and burst, about 5 minute..
- Add chia seeds and cook until very thick, about 15 minutes. Stir often. The gelling qualities of the chia will thicken even further.
- Remove from heat and let cool then add vanilla extract. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days..
TIP: You can buy quality chia seeds at a great price on Amazon. This blueberry chia jam is a lovely addition to a traditional peanut butter sandwich, but it is also delicious on toast, muffins, biscuits, oatmeal, overnight oats, and desserts. The magic and wonder of this simple jam is endless, so let's get cooking. How to Store Blueberry Chia Jam My sugar-free blueberry chia seed jam recipe has no added sugar and uses chia seeds for their gelling ability and thickening power instead of excess sugar or added pectin. It's one of three sugar free jelly or jam recipes I have on the blog.